Who can join the team?
Any student living within the Eagle High School boundaries in grade 6 though 12.
How much does it cost to join the team?
Our team fee is $128 per student-athlete. There are additional fees for the Idaho League ($175.00). More information about our Team and Idaho League fees can be found here.
When does the season start?
The Idaho Interscholastic Cycling League is a fall cycling league which allows us to start official practices on July 1st.
How long is the season?
The final race for the 2019 season is on Saturday, October 12th.
What is required to make sure my student-athlete is registered for the season?
In order to be fully registered for the season the following requirements need to be completed:
- "Practice Ready" in PitZone.This means that you have logged into PitZone, agreed to and signed the Participation Agreement, and payed the NICA fee and Idaho League fee.
- Payment of team fee (check or card)
- Parent Code of Conduct (click to sign online)
- Student-Athlete Code of Conduct (click to sign online)
- Concussion Education Acknowledgement Form (click to download)
- Trail Etiquette (click to download)
How does the team communicate with athletes and parents?
We use TeamSnap for our team schedule, to send emails and text alerts, to keep track of attendance at team events, and to track other athlete requirements. It is extremely important that both athletes and parents participate in using TeamSnap. Please take time to read all emails and text alerts sent by the team through TeamSnap.
Does the team camp or stay in hotels during races?
The team camps together at all the races. It is a great opportunity to for team bonding and part of the unique experience of racing mountain bikes.
What should athletes have with them for practice?
- Water (at least 26oz.)
- A great attitude
- Any necessary medications (inhaler, epipen, etc)
- Spare tube that fits their bike
- Tire pump
- Tire levers
- Bike multi-tool
- Calories (Clif Bar, PB&J, etc.)
- Sense of adventure